On Tuesday, June 10th Mrs. Baker presented her second annual Hamilton Proud presentation. Hamilton Proud highlights the many accomplishments made by the district in the past year. It serves as a “State of the Schools” speech.
This year’s presentation featured such accomplishments as:
- Adding 38 support teachers to assist some 2000 students
- Increasing elective offerings at the high school
- Implementing a 5 year facility maintenance plan
- Piloting new models of instructional delivery for special education
- Adding 3000 new technology devices
- Implementing a district communication plan
- Establishing a Discipline Committee to address building a more positive school climate
- Partnering with the Community Foundation, Fitton YMCA, and Booker T. Washington to support an additional pre-school unit at Booker T Washington Center
For a full report on the accomplishments, please HamiltonProud2014 handout. The report also features goals for the 2014/15 school year.