Director of EMIS and Student Services
Beginning with the 2008-2009 School Year, the tardy policy will state that “Every 3 Unexcused Tardies will equal 1 Unexcused Absence.” This policy is in conjunction with the Juvenile Court and the Juvenile Justice Center. In addition, each school may provide consequences based on the number of tardies for your child. Schools may utilize Detention, BIC, Extended Detention (ie. Friday School), up to and including (if necessary) Suspension from school in order to encourage on time attendance. Our goal is to have students at school on time every day.
Intra-District Transfer Information
Intra-district transfers, also known as “Special Permission” requests, are strictly limited. These special permission requests are for students that live in one area of Hamilton but whose parents wish them to attend a building different that their assigned home school. Requests can only be granted for very specific reasons and will be granted only if space exists in the requested school building. These requests are normally due to the Office of Student Services by the end of March of each year for consideration for the following school year. Final decisions are made in July and letters are sent out at that time.
Open enrollment falls under the purview of Student Services. Information can be found here.
You may pick up a work permit at the Miami School, 140 Ross Avenue, from June 1 – July 31. From August 1 – May 31, work permits will be completed at your child’s school. The following information needs to be completed when you return the permit to the Board:
- Application for Employment Certificate – The Student must complete the application and have a parent/guardian sign it. The student must be 14 or older to obtain a permit. This card needs to be completed for every new job.
- Pledge of Employer Card – Have your employer fill out and sign. This form must include exact information relative to the hours of employment, the type of work you will perform, and their TIN# (tax identification number). This card needs to be completed for every new job.
- School Record of Applicant Card – This should be taken to your school office and filled out by the office personnel. Charter schools the school card for their students. This card is good for one year.
- Physician’s Certificate – This must be filled out by your doctor. Physician or sports physicals are good for one year.
The applicant (student) must personally bring back the completed cards to their school office; where it will be entered into our website at the state department. The student will then be issued their permit.
If you have any questions, please call 868-4442.
- Attendance Policy (English)
- Bullying/Harassment Report Fall Semester 2018-2019
- Bullying Reports 1st Semester 17-18
- Bully Reports 2nd Semester 16-17
- Bullying Reports 1st Semester 16-17
- Bullying Report 1st Semester 15-16
- Bullying Report 2nd Semester 14-15
- Bullying Report 1st Semester 14-15
- Bullying Report 2nd Semester 13-14
- Bullying Report 1st Semester 13-14
- Bullying Report: 1st Semester 12/13 School Year
- Bullying Report: 2nd Semester 12/13 School Year
- Bullying Report: 2nd Semester 11/12 School Year
- Code of Conduct: 2013/14 School Year
- Code of Conduct: 2013/14 School Year (Espanol)
- Dress Code (Spanish)
- Homeschooling Packet (English)