Welcome to Garfield Middle School’s Counseling Department
The goal of the Garfield Middle School counseling department is to promote academic success by working cooperatively with students, parents, teachers, staff, and the community.
Students can complete this Counselor Request form to request meeting with their counselor for academic, personal/social, or future planning concerns.
7th grade Counselor
8th grade Counselor
The counselors also work closely with:
- Katie Hanson ([email protected]) – Success Program Liaison
- Community School Liaisons work directly with parents and guardians of school-age children to help them access needed resources. Click here to learn more about the Butler County ESC Success Program.
- Cheryl Moeller ([email protected]) – School Psychologist
- Parents and guardians may schedule appointments with their child’s counselor Monday through Friday, from 8am to 3pm. They may also contact their child’s school counselor via phone, email, or by completing the Counselor Request form.
The school counselors are available to:
- Encourage students to recognize and make full use of their potential
- Help students to build self-confidence and self-esteem
- Assist students in enhancing their goal setting, organizational, study and test taking skills
- Help students to recognize, understand, and work through learning difficulties
- Assist with the design and implementation of interventions
- Assist students with the transition between buildings as well as to acclimate new students to Garfield Middle School
- Provide students with the opportunity to discuss their academic, personal/social, and emotional concerns
- Provide students with effective communication and conflict resolution skills
- Address areas of high concern with small groups of students Ex. Organization, loss of a loved one, or children of divorce
- Assist students and families in times of personal and family crisis
- Act as a resource person for information
- Progress Book – check grades and attendance
- Kahn Academy – Math Help
- Great Websites for Kids
- Study Guides and Strategies (en Espanol and other languages)
- College Credit Plus
- Hamilton High School Career Tech
- Middle School Parent’s College Prep Guide
- Middle School Parent Action Plan for College