In an effort to improve attendance, behavior and academic achievement, the Hamilton City School Board approved the following incentive program for seniors.
Beginning January 3rd, 2017, HHS seniors must meet the following 2nd semester good standing requirements to be eligible for an exam exemption:
- Students may not have ANY unexcused absences.
- Students may have NO MORE THAN 2 unexcused tardies.
- Students assigned to Extended Detention (Tuesday School), BIC, Suspension or Alternative Placement (HASP/HI) will be not be eligible for exam exemption.
- Students must have earned a “C” or above in each class, each quarter (3rd & 4th) for which they want to be exempted.
- Students in AP classes must take the AP exam.
- Students may take a final exam if they wish to improve their grade.
- Seniors who are exempt from final exams (and choose to forgo the exam) will receive a 2nd semester grade based on the grid below:
|3rd/4th Quarter Grades||Semester Grade|